No selective coloring. Made in GIMP, should be translatable.NOTE
: this tutorial doesn't look great on every image. you'll have to mess around with it a little to make it look pretty. It especially doesn't look too hot on screencaps.
1. Start with your base, a picture of the lovely Taylor Swift.
2. Make a new layer, fill it with #101333. Set the blend mode to 'subtract'.
3. Make a new layer, fill it with #101333. Set the blend mode to 'screen'.
4. Merge all layers.
5. Go to Layer --> Colors --> hue & Saturation and up the Saturation all the way. (this depends on your base. Is the picture looks terrible at the end, you may want to go back and set the saturation a bit lower. Note I said 'at the end'. It'll look bad in this step.)
6. Duplicate the layer you just saturated and set it to 'screen'.
7. Duplicate the screen layer.
8. Duplicate the bottom layer, drag it to the top, and set it to 'overlay' %50.
9. Make a new layer, fill it with #101333. Set the blend mode to 'screen'.
Like what you see? JOIN